WELCOME TO RECEPTION
Class Teacher: Ms Andrea Birk-Telford
Teaching Assistant: Clare Duck
Reception is taught by Mrs Wilton on a Tuesday morning.
- Tuesday 19th September 15:40 and 17:00 - Meet the Teacher sessions
- Monday 02nd October 18:00 - Reading meeting for parents
- Monday 16th October – Owl Visit (in school)
- Tuesday 17th October – Parents' Evening
- Wednesday 18th October – Parents' Evening
- Friday 20th October – Training day
- Thursday 07th December – Jolly Postman (in school)
- Wednesday 20th December 9:00 - Reception Christmas Performance
- Tuesday 06th January – Visit to Pizza Express
- Tuesday 14th May – Trip to Hesketh Farm
In Reception, the children learn to read and it is important that they practise at home. Instead of completing homework, you are expected to read with your child every day or practise their phonics skills with them. This does not have to be more than 10 minutes. From the second week, the children will be bringing home a reading book, their phonics folder, and some grapheme tiles that can be used to practise sounds and, later on, create words. The children will also bring home a reading record. Please use it to record when you have read with your child. We will do the same in school. We aim to read with each child individually once a week. Please return the reading book, reading record, and phonics folder to your child's book bag every day as we need them during the school day. Thank you for your help with this.
How to say the sounds video:
Our PE lessons have moved to a TUESDAY morning. The children will need a NAMED PE kit (white t-shirt and black shorts). If you bring in the PE kit in the first week, it can stay in school for the rest of the half term. Please ensure children are wearing trainers on Wednesdays. Thank you.