WELCOME TO RECEPTION
Class Teacher: Miss Chloe-Rose Normanton
Teaching Assistant: Clare Duck
Here is some useful information about this half term and an overview of what we will be learning about!
Tell Me a Story
Our focus books this half term are going to be Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Rapunzel, Zog, The Three Billy Goats Gruff and The Gingerbread Man.
We will be learning the following phonics sounds:
- ‘dge’ as in bridge
- ‘ve’ as in glove
- ‘wh’ as in wheel
- ‘cks’ as in ducks
- ‘tch’ as in hatch
- ‘nk’ as in ink
- ‘ai’ as in aim
- ‘ee’ as in eel
- ‘igh’ as in knight
- ‘oa’ as in goat
- ‘oo’ as in cook
- ‘oo’ as in spoon
This half term, we will be learning about:
- The number 10
- Numbers within 10
- Shape – Describe and sort 3D shapes
Understanding the World:
- Observe the world around them and how it changes as we enter Spring.
- Learn about the importance of Easter to Christians drawing on own experiences and what is read in class.
- Know some similarities and differences between different religions.
- Understand and observe how seeds grow into plants. Draw what they observe.
- Introduce children to a range of fictional characters and differentiate between them and real-life characters.
- Know some similarities and differences between life in the past and now through learning about castles, princesses and knights.
PE will continue on a Wednesday afternoon. Some children are still not bringing a PE kit. Please make sure children have their PE kit on Wednesdays (white t-shirt and black shorts) and that it is NAMED. We are going to start doing PE on the pitch (weather dependant) so please ensure children are wearing trainers on Wednesdays. This half term we will be looking at controlling large and small balls.
We will be discussing different things such as conflict resolution, developing strategies to stay calm and also thinking about our own feelings and those of others.
We are going to start looking at ‘Good to be Green’ which is used throughout the rest of school – more information will be sent out about this via ParentMail.
- Play and Learn sessions will continue on Wednesday mornings from Wednesday 1st March.
- Bradley Bear and the Snuggle Pack will continue to be sent home every Friday.
- Show and Share sessions will continue on Tuesday afternoons.
- Parents’ Evening will take place this half term and you can book appointments via ParentMail.
Here are your ‘dates for the diary’ this half term.
- Thursday 2nd March – Decorate a potato for World Book Day!
- Tuesday 21st March and Wednesday 22nd March – Parents’ Evening.
- Friday 31st March – Last day of this half term
- Any small baskets you are not using
- Any resources to put in our hairdressers role play – eg. Old hairbrushes, combs, hair dye pots (NOT scissors!)
- Any old bottles you may have sat around the house that could be used as ‘potion bottles’ (not glass).
If you have any questions, please do ask or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reception Class Teacher